Saturday, 30 July 2011

The problem with the Enlightened of yesteryear.

07-14-2011, 05:39 PM it all began. I started a thread titled 'Enlightenment'. Here's the link:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19026

As of 17:29 on the 30/07/2011 the forum thread has had 16,288 views and 1,773 posts. Roughly, around 30 active participants and i'd wager more just viewing. That's a lot of people.

My initial intention when starting this thread, was to bring the Truth into an arena that, i'd perhaps naively assumed, wanted it.

I was very direct. All killer, no filler as it were. The general mood of the thread, the reaction, was a little hostile. Debate, rather than a following of instruction. I wasn't completely naive, people aren't lap dogs willing to follow every instruction laid out by anyone, let alone a newbie barging in onto 'their turf'. But I expected someone to go with it.

Not so.

I began laying Truth down, it was picked apart. Apparently I was clinging to a rigid belief structure. Apparently Ruthless Truth is a cult. I kept pointing to the Truth, no belief necessary, just look.

Debate.

I'm going to keep this brief as this part isn't the point of the blog post. Essentially, so far, I believe two 'successes' have come of it. One is yet to be confirmed, but for the sake of this post, and my view, two successes.

2.

Almost 17,000 views, and 2 people awake. Not a great return, but also not bad. Alas, two more people that see the 'self' as an illusion.

A guy called 'Topology' mailed me a PM, and I think he's realised a great, yet obvious discovery. Here's the link to the PM:

http://theobviouselusive.blogspot.com/2011/07/private-message-from-topology.html

Please read this before you continue reading here.

Now, the great thing about the Truth is that it needs no defence. It stands alone and cannot be added to or taken away. There is no belief necessary. It is what it is.

To get to the Truth of anything, look deeply into it with unnerving gaze.  Assume it is true. Take it as true, and the Truth will reveal itself.

I've been looking at this message, because I wanted to get into it, try it on for size, and see if there's anything real going on there. I believe there is insight into liberation to be gained, and I wanted to share.

Now, Eckhart Tolle has been enlightened for over 30 years, and as far as i'm aware, he has liberated precisely 0 people.

Not one.

Before you jump on that, and accuse me of rubbishing the guy, I want to state i'm not. I actually agree with Tolle. I like Tolle. Truth is what it is, and he has clearly seen what's real. He has incredible insights and I disagree with precisely none of his work.

But he isn't waking people up.

The bottom line, after all is said and done, is the undeniable fact that after 30 years of teaching, no one is waking up.

The realisation hit me then.

The Truth is out there. It's everywhere. It couldn't not be. It just is, right?

It's the basis of major religions. There are so many quotes that point to Truth, yet people aren't waking up. Not in the numbers one would expect for such an obvious, well, thing.

The problem is, that once awake, I think teachers seem to forget one obvious thing:

The people they're teaching to aren't.

That is a startlingly obvious point, but quotes like "I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." are true. That is in fact, what is going on. But it won't help anyone that isn't already awake.

There's the rub.

That's why I think 'Topology'  feedback is so profound. It's feedback as to why my approach isn't working. In fact, although 2 people waking up seems like an ok number, it is in fact, around a 98% failure on the whole.

Can you see my (and his) point?

We are working with people that aren't being logical because they are still trapped in the delusion, so it's our job as liberators to see how we can custom build an effective, efficient sign for them, pointing of course to the same destination. It's not one size fits all.

This point by 'Topology' is money:


"May I make a couple observations? I think you'll agree with this first one: 1) Talking about looking is not looking. 2) Telling other people to look is talking about looking. 3) When you tell another person to do something, you are placing yourself in control and commanding their will. 4) People resist the appearance of not being in control. 5) People resist looking when they are told to look.

The RT forums work (for the non-trolls and the stubborn) because people have come TO the RT forum, so it is in their will to give up their will to someone else in order to receive guidance.

You have come here to assert your will over others, and the community on this forum is for the most part defensive in your perspective because people are fending off your will in order to preserve their own. If anybody is going to look, they must do it willingly."


There will always be people that are willing to fight you, but the point of this post is basically to illustrate effectiveness and versatility.

You guys do a great job anyway, and RT has had a great year, but look at things from the 'student's' view, and see what you need to do to get them to see.

Ruthless Truth was very hostile in the early days, all fire and fury. It worked on some, but generally the percentages were down. It's got a bad reputation on the forums, when really, it's waking people up consistently.

You'd think a movement with over 170 liberations in one year alone would be bigger than any religion in the world, but it isn't, yet. People should love RT, it works. Millions of people waste time every year on religions that don't wake them up one iota.

This is a rough insight, i'm throwing it out there and hoping for some feedback. I wanted to share and hopefully we can all become better at waking people up.

A private message from 'Topology'

If I may ask you some questions about what you put forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki
Firstly, it's very cool you've come forward about this man.

Secondly, it's not a facade i'm keeping up on the forum, just keeping the focus on the Truth. It's so easy to stray and get into meaningless banter, which seems to happen in my absence.

Do you treat people differently? Are you the way you are on this forum with every person in your life, your mother, father, siblings, wife, friends, boss, teachers, strangers on the street, etc. ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki
I will read this text, as you've shown me you're keen to at least take a real look at what i'm presenting here, so mutual respect on that.

The reason I was so reluctant before (and now) is because this is such a simple thing to get, it doesn't need me to read and reply on every single point.

I agree, its so simple that it is the most overlooked aspect of our reality. The problem seems to be a compounding of two factors: 1) Looking is always outwardly oriented and 2) We have been conditioned from birth to think of ourselves as a physical object or entity.

May I make a couple observations? I think you'll agree with this first one: 1) Talking about looking is not looking. 2) Telling other people to look is talking about looking. 3) When you tell another person to do something, you are placing yourself in control and commanding their will. 4) People resist the appearance of not being in control. 5) People resist looking when they are told to look.

The RT forums work (for the non-trolls and the stubborn) because people have come TO the RT forum, so it is in their will to give up their will to someone else in order to receive guidance.

You have come here to assert your will over others, and the community on this forum is for the most part defensive in your perspective because people are fending off your will in order to preserve their own. If anybody is going to look, they must do it willingly.

Do you understand what a "manner" is? As in the manner in which you approach people or the way in which you approach people? If you are wanting people to look, then you are engaging a game of persuasion. Telling someone to do something is not persuading them. It is the way you put forward your suggestion that is causing so much resistance. Again, when someone comes to the RT forum, they are seeking to give up their will. The best guides on the RT forum are the ones that are skilled at seeing where the other person's mind is at and then persuading them to look. If you notice, even on the RT forums, telling someone to look has little persuasive effect. So when you step forward into a foreign environment where you will be interpreted as a stranger, the defenses are already up and the resistance to being told what to do is even stronger. The ability to melt this resistance is an acquired skill.

Can you see a difference between someone coming to an RT forum to interact with you as they perceive you to be an expert at the RT forum versus you going out into a foreign land and then having to project the image of expertise into the minds of others? It's a bit like the catholic church going over the Americas to convert the natives versus staying in their homeland where their expertise as religious authority is presumed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki
You say you've been looking for about 8 years, so you're saying you see self is an illusion?

Yes, all self, including no-self is illusion, constructed out of the details of what we see. There is no thing which is actually doing the seeing. There is only seeing and thought occurring within the seeing. Within that thought there are details about this and that and thoughts of self or having no-self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki
Or is there a self operating?

Of course there is. But before you have a thought-reaction to my statement, let me explain how I have come to that conclusion. The body is always in sympathetic harmony with the mind. When a thought occurs "I have to get to work", the body and mind begin to make that thought a reality by going through the motions and routine of getting to work. Within this thought-reactive system there develops an understanding of how the body, mind, personality, emotions, and observer relate to the environment around it. Those thoughts about relationship between this and that form a self-concept or self-complex within the mind. Through experience the understood relationship between self and environment evolves. While self may just be a cluster of thoughts, and we can see that the cluster is artificially constructed, it is the natural process of intelligence, the mind, and the brain to develop that cluster of thought of self in order to intelligently navigate the world. So yes, there is self operating, but it is nothing more than a computer which develops a concept of self in order to intelligently manipulate and navigate the robot (body) it occupies in relation to the perceived world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki
(I know this is probably in the text, but I haven't read it yet, so i'm just keeping it short for this message)

Speak soon


I'm 32 years old. I saw what you're referring to when I was 24. But I'm also hyper intelligent. My undergraduate is in computer science and I am working on a PhD in computer science. Prior to seeing directly, I worked 4 years prior towards dismantling my concept of self to the point where I could see without interpretation of what I was seeing. I've put my story somewhere in the thread.

Now you can respect me for my education and intellect or not, it doesn't matter. If you sit down and with what I am saying, I think its pretty plain if you're open to reading it. (Does that sound like the line you're using on the forum?)

The seeing is not just simple, it is DUMB. I'm not referring to its intelligence, but its ability to speak vocally. The seeing itself is unable to say anything. The mind under the influence of seeing is what speaks for the seeing. If you read the post I linked to, the subject-self, the EYE, needs the object-self, the I, to speak for it. In this way, the mind must be the faithful servant of the seeing. And the mind's ability to skillfully express insight is a combination of two things: 1) The clarity of sight and 2) The agility of the mind. Both of those things are actually properties of the mind. If the mind is foggy or convoluted, then sight is obscured. If the mind is dull or lethargic, it is not able to have potent thought in order to faithfully express the clarity of sight.

Seeing the Seeing isn't the end, it is the beginning for the mind to develop true understanding. It is the first time the mind comes into contact with an absolute reference point. A person's evolution and purification of the mind and psyche doesn't stop or begin with the seeing. In order to get to a point of clarity, the person has to have already been dedicated to the path of cultivating the mind. Before the seeing, it is an endeavor of purification in order to see clearly and a practice of flexibility in order to be agile. After the seeing, the same practices are pursued in order to more faithfully express the seeing and to cultivate the skill with helping others to come into their own seeing.

Are we on the same page so far, that Cultivation of the Mind is an essential component in order to obtain the CLARITY OF SIGHT which enables the Seeing of The Seeing and then Cultivation Of The Mind becomes essential for CLARITY OF EXPRESSION afterwards? I am speaking from the mind, yes, but I am also speaking from a cultivated mind under the influence of direct sight.


If we are in agreement so far, then let me put forward a few observations and claims:

1) That cultivation of the mind is more essential than seeing the seeing with an uncultivated mind. (the mind is just going to say 'huh, what? I don't get it')

2) The RT forums are great for pushing the cultivated mind over the edge of the cliff into direct sight, but the RT forums SUCK for the cultivation of the mind before and after the seeing.

3) Cultivation of Mind requires a depth of life experience.

4) Seeing the Seeing is not right for everyone all the time. Most people need to work on purifying the mind and psyche in order to shift into a perpetual abiding in Direct Sight.

5) In order to help others, you first must see the condition of their minds clearly in order to know whether they need to work on cultivation or are ready to be pushed off the cliff, or have already fallen off the cliff and need to go back to cultivation of the mind under the influence of direct sight.

6) That a hyper-focus on the cultivation of the mind puts one into the position to fall into seeing the seeing more easily.

7) Enlightenment and liberation are non-sense terms and a distraction since direct sight reveals that there is nothing to get enlightened and that what is true now has always been true except for our lack of understanding.

8) Saving the world is not a concern for the seeing, it is a concern for the mind.

9) The self-complex is real and persists past the seeing of the seeing, but it is understood for what it is, mental programming in order to skillfully animate the flesh.

10) The RT forum has a definite culture centered around seeing the seeing and knocking people into it, but there is a complete lack of understanding of what it means to have a healthy mind. Seeing the seeing does not itself lead to having a healthy mind. The caustic energy is anti-integration and Integration of the Self-complex (bringing it into wholeness) is an essential quality of Cultivation of the Mind.


11) Seeing of one's own Seeing, and Seeing one's own Mind in action does not give one the ability to skillfully move another person's mind into Seeing if that other mind moves differently. This is one of the fundamentally flawed assumptions being perpetuated on the RT forums, that everyone can be brought into Seeing through the same way. The second fundamentally flawed assumption of the RT forum is that seeing the seeing is more important than cultivation of the Mind. The third fundamentally flawed assumption on the RT forum is that there is no valuation for cultivation of the Heart. It is the Heart which melts the resistance of others and persuades them to bring down the defenses.

12) Look at the evidence before you. You walked into a new environment and instead of melting into it and it into you, the environment has for the most part become rigid, defensive and resistive. This is due to a complete lack of HEART in the WAY you approach the environment. The man filled with HEART will melt any barriers and experience little to no resistance.

Take it or leave it. I'm speaking to you as a peer on the path, not a superior. I'm not here to "enlighten you". If anything, I'm trying to help you become MORE EFFECTIVE in your approach to helping others.

I will be posting this conversation in the thread eventually. I find that insights pour out of me when I am speaking to a specific context and there are many valuable insights in this missive which build on the perspective I'm coming from.

Sunday, 24 July 2011

The little girl and the Monster

A little girl is crying.

She's terrified.

She can't be left in her bedroom on her own. Well, she refuses too.

There's a monster under her bed. She's never seen it, but she doesn't have to. She knows it's there. She heard a noise one night, a slight creaking, a noise that shouldn't be there, shouldn't have happened. But it was. She heard it.

Immediately, she ran into her parents bedroom. She'd never ran so fast in her life.

"Daddy! Daddy! There's a monster under my bed! I heard it, it was sneaking around under there, it's going to get me, I heard it, I heard it!"

Now dad knows better. Monsters probably aren't real. But, he does what dads do, and goes to investigate.

I'm sure you can guess what happens, right? He looks under the bed and gets eaten by a HUGE monster.

I kid, there's nothing there. Just the bed creaking a little.

He goes to get his little girl to show her, but she doesn't want to come. She KNOWS there is a monster under there, and doesn't BELIEVE her dad. "Daddy, I heard it. I KNOW there is a monster under my bed, I don't need to look!"

This goes on for a while. She refuses to sleep in her bedroom. Who would? There's a monster under her bed for crying out loud!

It's kinda sad really, she lives in constant fear of a monster that doesn't exist, when all it would take is 2 seconds to actually look.

It's really that simple. No belief, just looking.

No discussions, no counselling, no 'be brave honey'. Just look. This isn't about believing there isn't a monster, there actually isn't one, so why believe there isn't? Just look.

Unfortunately, the issue causes a lot of friction between the little girl and her father. "You're a liar daddy! Why do you think there isn't a monster? I heard one, I don't need to look, I KNOW there is one!"

The little girl grows up. She's fallen out with her father by now, they hardly speak. She's delusional, and he's a liar. She's angry at him for lying to her for her whole childhood. "Why would he say i'm a liar? I KNOW there's something under my bed!"

One day she's sitting on the bed with her friends, trying on make-up and jewellery, and accidentally drops an earring that rolls under the bed. She doesn't even think, and bends to retrieve it.

She gets a sudden jolt of fear, she remembers. But it's too late, she's looking. At nothing.

Nothing.

In real life.

Nothing.

Daddy was right all along, there is no monster. He was telling the truth.

Wow.

She runs downstairs to apologise to the man who has tried to convince her to just look. To say sorry for the years of friction between them. The belief daddy was crazy to believe there wasn't a monster when she heard one and KNEW there was one.

But it's too late, daddy's dead.

But he's left a note. It reads "One day, my beautiful angel, you will look under your bed and realise the fear that gripped you you're whole childhood, was nothing more than a belief. You will see the belief in the monster was a lie. You were clinging to a belief you held true in spite of the facts. The evidence.

I'm sorry I can't be there to share this freedom with you, but i'm glad you opened your eyes and saw the truth for what it was, a phantom.

Take this is a metaphor for your entire life, my beautiful angel. This isn't about denying beliefs, it's about holding everything up to the light of Truth. Whatever is a lie, will burn away, and all that will be left is the Truth.

'Nothin' good, ever dies.'

I'm glad you're free.

Daddy x"



Tick tick people. Tick tock...

Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Where you begin, and 'you' end..

I'm going to keep this clean.

All I can ever do is tell you where to look. This is not a belief system.
There is no fee. No levels, no shaven heads, no robes, and no chanting.

You may even have sex.

I am but a pointer to the Moon. There is one Moon and a thousand sages pointing the way. Every way a little different, it seems.

My message is not new, i'm not re-inventing the wheel here. The Truth can be found in almost all the religions in history as we are all pointing to the same fundamental Truth.

Unfortunately, that Truth has been largely covered up in ritual, belief, stories, behaviour, and code of conduct. There is only one Truth, but most importantly I don't believe that. I KNOW that, because I have LOOKED, and SEEN.

The difference between SEEING and BELIEVING is infinite. All words can ever do is point, and show you where to look, so please don't pick on my use of language. I don't want you to believe me, all I want you to do is to take what I say and test it out.

If you SEE (not believe) what i'm talking about, you'll crack the illusion of self and BAM, welcome to enlightenment.

I know, I know....It shouldn't be that easy, right? This takes work, years of learning, meditation, retreats, beliefs, doing the 'right' thing, shaving your head, a vow of silence, a vow of celibacy, wearing robes, levels, money, work, learn, work, learn, believe.

Right?

He may be a very kind, warm hearted man, but the Dalai Lama himself is not enlightened. It's well documented that he has never claimed to be enlightened. Now here is a man that has spent his entire life in deep study of ancient Buddhist texts. His day, his clothes, his very life is structured in accordance with the teachings of Buddhism.

So why isn't he awake? Why doesn't anybody stop for just a second to really question why the leader of the religion that teachings enlightenment, isn't?

Surely the bottom line is results. Would you take driving lessons from an instructor that couldn't drive?

How many people do you know that are actually enlightened? Liberated from the delusion of self?

Interesting...

Let's cut to it....Is there a 'self'?

A 'you' that you can undeniably say 'this is me'?

Now, i'm not suggesting a self doesn't exist. I'm questioning it's reality. Is it true?  I'm asking you firstly to locate it, then look at whether it really is you, or is a collection of thoughts that have fused to create an illusionary personality.

A 'you'.

The first step is to find this 'self'. The 'self' that you believe to be 'you'. Can you?

If should be easy to locate because it's, well, you, right? Shouldn't it be the easiest thing to find?

If so far, i've infuriated your rigid belief system, all you really need to do to dispel this 'theory', is find the 'self' you believe yourself to be, hold it up to the light of Truth, and this whole piece becomes obsolete. Tomorrows chip wrapper.

So tell me, dear reader, if there is a 'you', can you find it?

If what I speak is complete baloney, comment back, it'll make me look quite the fool.

All I ask is that you follow my instruction before judging what I ask of you.

I'll give you a second.....




That should do it.

So if you found 'yourself', how do you know 100% that it's you? What's true?

The crux..

Now, i'm proposing this 'self' isn't who you actually are. It's an illusion. A fictitious entity that has masqueraded in the void because you, nor anyone else, ever thought to look and question its apparent authenticity.

Well, i'm telling you to look right now. Look with the focus of a laser beam on the very notion that who 'you' believe yourself to be, is one big lie.

Get going...