- Thoughts exist in the space, but they aren't attached to any self. That's the illusion right there.
Everything still happens, but you recognise that there is no individual there.
There is looking, but it isn't your looking.
There are thoughts, but they aren't your thoughts.
See where i'm going here?
about an hour agoRikki Winchester
- See what i'm getting at?
Thoughts exist, but they aren't attached to any 'self', any individual.
They come and go in the space, but there is no controller, no you.
Can you see this?
- ok so thoughts are created by the brain, and arise in the space, but there is no central 'I'. No 'you'.
"But I think in my mind there's the idea that the I doesn't exist and there's still another I that can see that"
Just another thought of 'I'. An idea of 'I'.
Let's keep this to what's real here, you can't see and 'I', so is there one?
- well seeing is happening, but there is no individual, no 'self'.
There IS seeing, but it's not YOUR seeing.
This isn't some zen magic levitation stuff. It's an honest look at what's real.
You can't locate an 'I' but are still having thoughts of one. Ok, thoughts again, just thought.
Not yours, just thought. Can you see this?
- this is spot on man, good stuff. It is scary because your whole life you've had this illusionary identity of 'you' and now it's been seen for the lie that it is.
'Die before you die'
People hide in intellectual comfort, you've actually looked and are seeing what's real here.
Keep looking at what arises, what enters the space.
Keep laser focus on this, look at what's happening..
- I see the self is only in the thoughts and I can see the lie in it. I mean, when I do something then a thought came up saying "I am doing this", but the I is only in the thought. It's a lie that it's doing something, because something that's in the thought, I mean, a thought cannot do anything, cannot move my body.
So my body is moving and the mind label it as "I am doing it", but it's just a tag.
It's like now the thoughts and the body are disconnected.
"I am" now is just a thought.