Friday, 11 November 2011

Letting things be..

I often have ideas and insights as I go about my day. I feel a strong urge to write, ideas are flowing, it's actually very joyful for me. I actually feel exhilirated when I read or write something that's right on the money. When you hit that sweet spot, when you can describe something beautifully and it's like 'yeah, that's exactly it. That's money right there.'

You have this insight, or this feeling, and you want to share it, because it's awesome, and you want to give someone the blueprint on how to get there themselves, because you're just a nice guy like that, and you want to help people.

When I experience this, I can't wait to get home from work and blog something up. But what happens is, I get home, and the urge has gone.  It passed.

Damn.

I sit here now, and i've got a little time between 'life things' I have to do. It's the perfect time to write. I'm home alone, it's quiet. Time to get my Zen on, if you will. But what do I write about? No self? My mind is completely blank.

But having nothing to say is almost why we're here isn't it? When the identified mind drama ceases, and all that's left is this beautiful space. It's empty. Life happens in this space. So I do have something to say it seems, but that something is nothing.

I think that's an interesting thing to write about, the honesty of having nothing to say. I remember hearing Eckhart Tolle talk about how he gave himself a certain time each day to write. Sometimes he'd write the whole time, somethimes he wouldn't write anything, but he'd sit there, and give space for the writing to happen through him.

And that led me down the thought stream of - life comes in waves. We can't really control what or how they come, we can only be the space for them to be, then say yes to them. Go with the flow if you will.

I can't even begin to count the strange things that have happened to me, that led me down an amazing path. Meeting the wrong person, picking up the wrong book, breaking down in your car etc etc. You literally never know what's going to happen. Just open yourself up to life, let it work through you.

Say yes.

Stop closing down, trying to mentally figure everything out so everything's 'perfect'. Because if there's one thing i've learned in my 23 years on this god forsaken planet, is that you never know what's good for you in the long run.

Honestly.

Maybe the guy that comes to fix your car when you break down on the way home for work in the pouring rain is the guy you'll marry and spend the rest of your life living happily ever after. You can't know it won't be.

I remember asking a girl out that I liked while at work, but she was already with someone. A fail it would seem. But we met again when I was at college, were together for 3 years and had a beautiful son. 

Letting things be doesn't mean you don't take any action, you just open yourself up for action to happen and you'll know when it's right to proceed. 

Wherever you are in life right now, just open yourself up and let life happen. You literally never know what amazing experiences life has in store for you.

(I started writing this post with nothing to say, and it led me to this message. I'm living my advice ;) haha)

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a story..."the famous Chinese wisdom tale of the farmer with one son and one horse it explains exactly this. For those who do not know the story, it tells of how the farmers only horse got lost and all neighbors came to offer their sympathy, but the wise farmer answered, “Who knows if it was fortune or misfortune,”. Later the horse came back with a mate, a priceless stallion. The villagers came to congratulate the farmer on his luck and he answers again, “Who knows,". Then when the farmers only son was trying to tame the stallion, hye falls and breaks his limbs. When again the villagers come to cry, the farmer displays dispassion and impartial view answering, “Who knows," and then the army arrive in the village looking for young men to enlist, but because the son was lame and broken, he was left home and did not go to war. Again, the villagers exclaim their awe at the luck of the villager..." The story goes on and on, but the meaning is both easy enough to grasp and incredibly profound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly my point. That's why we just have to open ourselves up to the flow of life and never really judge where it takes us because certain 'negative' events or situations often turn out to be incredible lessons and take us down a new, exciting, and unexpected path..

    ReplyDelete